Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Support My Local Hobby Shop...Why?

I have been at this RC thing for about a year now and absolutely love it.  One thing that I always hear is how it is good to support your local hobby shops.  At the same time, I always hear things like "every time I go into my local hobby shop, they treat me like crap and blame me for things that go wrong."

Now I understand that there are a fair amount of people that will go into a hobby shop and make it seem as though it is all the airplane's fault.  That must be frustrating to hear that over and over as a worker/owner of a shop.  Also, I am by no means taking sides on this topic.

What I think should happen is that people need to do a little more research on their own before they go and blame it on the equipment, etc.  What also needs to happen is that some of these LHS owner/operators need to focus on customer service.  There needs to be an equal effort on both sides.

I have been in many LHS that treat me like a king and others that simply blow me off because I cannot or will not afford the most expensive name brand stuff.  Maybe it is because they just don't know how to handle people.  Maybe it is because they don't care and have a monopoly on the local area.  Either way, I know that LHS have perks and drawbacks.  It is up to you to decide.  Personally, I like shopping online because of how easy it is to get stuff.  I also don't have a LHS that I can drive to either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment